The Victorian Government announced updated restrictions for Melbourne and regional Victoria to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victoria.
- Stage 4 restrictions are in place from 6pm on Sunday 2 August for metropolitan Melbourne.
- Stage 3 restrictions are in place from 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August for Regional Victoria, including Mitchell Shire.
One-off grants will be made available to eligible businesses for the following:
- $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire in recognition of spending longer under restrictions
- $5,000 for employing businesses in regional local government areas (except Mitchell Shire)
Businesses who have already received a Business Support Fund – Expansion grant, or have applied for one, will not need to re-apply. Successful applicants will automatically receive this additional allocation.
Applications to apply for the one-off grants are open until 14 September 2020.
Businesses can apply for the one-off grant mentioned above where they meet all the criteria listed below. They must:
- operate a business located in metropolitan Melbourne or regional Victoria;
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme;
- employ people;
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020;
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis;
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020;
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020;
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
A detailed outline of eligibility criteria and the application process can be found on the Business Victoria website.
Businesses that have received funding from other components of the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package are eligible to apply for this program.
Business owners that do not employ people (non-employing businesses) are not eligible for funding through this program. Employing businesses must provide their WorkCover Employer Number in the application form for verification.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact us on 03 52216399 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: this information is of a general nature and should not be viewed as representing financial advice. Users of this information are encouraged to seek further advice if they are unclear as to the meaning of anything contained in this article. Davidsons accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered as a result of any party using or relying on this article.